Dr Karel Badenhorst
Karel does general dentistry but excel in Root canal treament, implantology and orthodontics.
Father of 4 beautiful boys. Worked in the Netherlands for 12 years during which I had my own practise for 10 years.
- BChD (Stell)
- PDD clinical dentistry (UWK)
- Progressive orthodontics diploma (The Netherlands)
- International straight wire (Germany)
- Mini residency University of Kentucky in Orofacial pain disorders (USA)
- Master of Implantology diploma ( Gide institute and Loma Linda University LA California USA)
- Cerec user since 2011
I love to see the expression of surprise on a patients face when the treatment is done and it wasn’t as bad as they thought.
Dr Anneke Smook
My forte is aesthetic dentistry, where I am able to give patients their smiles back!
I also enjoy treating children of all ages. I am a mother of three, so I fully understand the challenges associated with taking your child to the dentist.
- B Ch D (Stellenbosch)
- Recipient of the PROSSA medal from the Prosthodontic Association of South Africa for the best student in Crown and Bridge work.
- B Sc (Hons) DentSci (Stellenbosch) (cum laude) Paediatric Dentistry. My thesis was conducted on the dental treatment of children with congenital defects: a case study of 5 patients.
I have practised dentistry at 26 Gladstone Street for the past 22 years.
The apple didn’t fall far from the tree, as I inherited my love for dentistry from my father (Dr Johan Smook. I was privileged to practise along with him for 20 years.
Dr Ruan Groenewald
Ruan is a Jack of all trades and excel in aestetic dentistry.
I love to cook and bake. Braai and try out new restaurants. Travel and getting to know new places in our beautiful country.
I love my work but most of all...I LOVE MY FAMILY AND MY TWIN BOYS. I believe in a balanced life...make the most of each day... every second counts.
- B.Ch.D Stellenbosch 2003
- Best Student in Paediatrics
- Course in Botox and Filler
- Course in Implantology
I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful…And THAT is what I love about my work…to put a smile on my patients faces…whether it is work related or even just with a normal conversation to make them at ease…its more than just drilling and filling!
There is nothing more rewarding to get a high five from a scared child after a treatment or a grown up that says he will never be scared of a dentist ever again when he leaves my practise. I treat all my patients as family and love to get to know them better.
As an oral hygienist my passion is to promote good oral health and the prevention of tooth decay.
UDOH University of Stellenbosch
14 Years private practise experience